Anzeige

[Kickstarter] GameTek -The Book: The Math and Science of Gaming.

Verspielte Crowdfunding-Projekte
SpieLama
Kennerspieler

[Kickstarter] GameTek -The Book: The Math and Science of Gaming.

Beitragvon SpieLama » 7. Juli 2017, 08:03

Einer meiner Liebingslpodcasts über Spiele ist Ludology, http://ludology.libsyn.com/. Nun ist auf Kickstarter ein Projekt von Geoff Engelstein gestartet, der in dem Podcast unter anderem über "GameTek" spricht. Darin geht es um die Mathematik und Wissenschaft hinter Spielen. Geoff sammelt auf der Plattform Geld für die Finanzierung eines "Game Tek"-Buchs und ist damit erfolgreich. Das benötigte Finanzierungsziel wurde bereits erreicht.

Geoff Engelstein hat geschrieben:August 2017 marks the ten year anniversary of the GameTek segment on the Dice Tower podcast. Connecting games to math, science, and psychology, GameTek has grown to be one of the most popular parts of the show.  

To commemorate this anniversary, I am very excited to announce the publication of GameTek: The Math and Science of Gaming. Over the last six months I have gone through hundreds of segments, selected my favorites, annotated and illustrated them, and organized them into a book. Clocking in at over 300 pages, GameTek includes more than seventy essays. Reading the essays gives you another way to experience the ideas, and lets you go back and reread parts where the going gets a little tough.  

It also makes a great gift for those who haven’t had a chance to hear GameTek before, whether they are gamers or not. The essays average around three pages, so they are perfect to read in quick bites.
For ten years I have been proud and grateful for the reception that GameTek has received in the gaming community, and am pleased to be able to offer this special commemorative volume.

Ihr findet die Kampagne unter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... k-the-book.